Friday, October 5, 2012

Anyone get my fashion humor, anyone?

Got some feed backs about the blazer I worn to JMEN magazine launch. Some said it was too big, hence looked very old and funny. Some said it was too simple.

Allow me to defend this unique piece of garment. In contrary, I think it is a piece of garment with a sense of HUMOR. It is almost like a child wearing adult's clothes. Although it seems ill fitted, but actually the size is just perfect. Look at the cuffs, look at the shoulder line, it is actually perfectly cut.

Playing trick on size is not uncommon in high fashion. A few designers are famous for this oversized silhouette, i.e., Martin Margiela, Thom Browne, Raf Simons, Viktor & Rolf, Comme des Garcons, etc. It is a counter statement of Hedi Slimane's skinny silhouette.

Anyone get my fashion humor? anyone? (after all, the dress code is sartorial, I thought it should play with cutting, structure etc of garments.)





Raf Simons
Raf Simons

Thom Browne

Martin Margiela
Viktor & Rolf

2 comments: